The Aeronautics and Space Standardization Office* has been supporting experts in the development of national and international standards since 1941. It is dedicated to:
- Take part in the production of standards following French, European and international processes
- Guide experts in their standardization choices
- Support experts through technical secretariat and watch activities
The BNAE abides by:
- Openness - Standardization works are open to all interested parties.
- Consensus - Consensus is a general agreement, characterized by the absence of sustained opposition by any important part of the concerned interests.
- Transparency - Sufficient up-to-date information is issued in order to enable any interested group to participate.
- Balance - A balanced repartition of interests within working groups is essential
*On behalf of AFNOR